Physical Education and Premium Sports Funding Review 2016-17
Our vision at St Michael in the Hamlet Junior School is for all our pupils to be physically literate and have the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.’
- We continued to offer a wide variety in our afterschool clubs, all our clubs have remained 100% free to all our pupils.
- 92.6% of our Year 6 pupils achieved their 25metres in swimming.
- All year 6 pupils participated in a LJMU collaborative dance project and performance.
- 2 Pupils from our ASD base continued to go swimming when their year groups had finished their swimming sessions.
- Both (3 and 4 team and 5 and 6 team) our indoor athletics team competed at level 2.
- Our Year 5 and 6 indoor athletics team also competed at level 3.
- We provided more opportunities for level 1 intra competitions.
- We have introduced more active playtime activities.
- Year 5 pupils participated in the biking proficiency level 1 and level 2 programme.
- 8 pupils per half term went to the climbing hangar throughout the year.
- A physical education coach planed and delivers a daily breakfast club programme of activities to children that have been highlighted as needing extra support.
- 12 Year 6 pupils attended the Top up Swimming Programme with the aim of swimming 25 metres.
- All KS2 children took part in a water safety session. They performed a safe self-rescue in a water based situation.